Everyone is wondering what are the perfect foods to combine during the menstrual period to facilitate the same and make life more peaceful and full of energy. In this article we will try to understand which foods to use and in what form to improve this important phase of people's lives.
Features of the menstrual phase
Conventionally, the cycle is started coinciding with the arrival of the flow is not really true at the biological level, since already around the 22nd day more or less at the hormonal level there are already changes during this phase. The progesterone is reduced and in fact many people feel energetic and behavioral changes well before the arrival of the actual menstruation. Some tissues are in fact undergoing flaking but at the same time others are forming in fact even well before the losses the estrogens begin to increase. You can therefore understand how it is a very complicated moment from different biological and psycho-physical points of life. The energetic and nutritional balance will be fundamental in order to avoid boredom or alterations of the menstrual itself such as duration and flow.
The most suitable foods for menstruation
To be sure of finding the perfect diet for menstruation, it is first very important to understand how foods can alter the biology of menstruation. Being able to make the right choices during the pre-menstrual period by purchasing the right combinations of foods can be of great help.
During the first days of menstruation it is first of all necessary to avoid foods that affect blood clotting, for example:
- pineapple that tends with its enzymes to make the blood too fluid, risking an abundant flow
- parsley if in excess
On the other hand, it is also necessary to pay attention to foods that are too coagulating, i.e. foods that due to the excess of calcium can facilitate blood clotting phenomena during menstruation, so think about reducing:
- fruits rich in vitamin C such as citrus fruits or kiwis
- Vitamin K-rich vegetables such as fried pumpkin
We are not finished because during menstruation the muscles of the pelvic wall are also involved, so we must also pay attention to an excess of fish , which by stimulating the metabolism and the thyroid and therefore the nervous system can cause cramps of the visceral muscles.
After giving a general idea of the foods to avoid , let's introduce those that can be eaten, such as eggs . The red meat proteins, rich in iron, are able to restore the reserves lost during menstruation and therefore avoid that typical fatigue at the end of the menstrual cycle. A useful and supplement-free grandmother's remedy to recharge iron at the time was the famous spiked apple , think how our grandparents already knew the natural remedies to keep the body healthy.
What you can prepare in the kitchen during your period
Let's start with the simplest preparations.
The bread must always be toasted because by breaking down the excess of still active yeasts, it will be possible to avoid the abdominal swelling already typical of these days.
Pasta , it will be advisable to use all the preparations that help the liver without stressing it too much, it will be involved in all the coagulation factors, keeping it active is important. So we could eat:
- Pasta with garlic, oil and chilli
- Marinara pasta
- Carbonara pasta without cheese
- Pasta with capers, oregano and pine nuts
- Pasta with courgette flowers
- Pasta with meat sauce
The use of the egg with:
- Omelettes with artichokes
- Chicory omelette to also help drainage
- Onion omelette
- Egg in the dish especially in the evening
For those who are vegetarians or vegans:
- golden and fried artichoke or sautéed in batter
- Radicchio Baked
- mixed salad
- cream of lentils or broad beans
Fruits to stimulate the intestines, which may become sluggish:
Some "magic" spices for pains:
As you have seen what we choose to eat during menstruation can affect the duration and type of the same so these few summary recommendations:
- The menstruation on a biological level starts a few days before the arrival of the flow so be prepared.
- Avoid foods that alter the coagulability of the blood in defect or excess
- Stimulate the liver with vegetables and egg and fried without excess
- Drain with water and herbal teas
- Introduce iron-rich foods to balance losses and avoid energy drops after menstruation